Thursday 14 February 2013

Take Online Ear Training Lessons And Play Music By Ear


I was recently approached by a former music student who asked how he could continue to learn his favorite songs now that he no longer has time for lessons. After I suggested using sheet music to him, he told me that he wasn't interested in reading music and had tried to learn songs by ear but was not having much success. 

I pointed him in the direction of an online music store. I told him that not only will he find online ear training exercises, he'll also discover great instruments, gear, recordings, theory, sight reading, books, and a lot more stuff. The fact that everything is downloadable and deliverable to his home got him even more excited. 

Two days ago I received a phone call from him thanking me for my suggestion. Not only did he tell me how much this helped him, he also played Stairway To Heaven all the way through perfectly, then told me that he learned it by taking online ear training lessons. Now he is telling his friends to visit an online music store so that they can play with him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment